Monday, September 17, 2007

THE TIRE SWING

I can't stop thinking. I torment myself with echoes of questions that have buried their answers centuries past. I occupy my being with obtuse tasks in the hopes of freezing the circulating matter inside my head. I sigh a sigh that reaches the depth of my belly with the goal of easing my jaw...my shoulders...my heart. I shut my eyes and concur irrational fantasies that, for the length of my dreamworlds breath, fool me into believing their lucidity. I ponder the relevance of being me. I ponder the relevance of being. I ponder.

For a brief second I unexpectedly catch a slight scent of freshly mowed grass, and it transports me atop the tire swing behind my childhood home. The breeze refreshes, the dandelions a brilliant yellow. The half-acre clearing appears to connect the oceans. I have nowhere to go, and no desire beyond dangling my bare feet gently over the shortened blades of grass. It's lucid.

I'm back. I'm thinking. I can't stop thinking.

2 comments:

StarinGirl said...

to have such pure thoughts shows the simplicity and honesty of your being. you think; you are alive, vivid and lucid and your whole body is touching this imensity that surrounds you. you are special and should feel blessed for seeing what surrounds you more than just watching it.

Pagoda said...

Thank you Lachrimae, that's very kind. Too kind actually! How come I still feel like I'm just watching... I feel like I need to be so much more proactive. I just don't know which angle to place my foot at before I begin to walk.

None-the-less, glad to have you back. ;-)