Sunday, September 2, 2007

WOLFGANG AMADEUS

I just finished watching the most amazing film, "Amadeus." I sat firmly upright through the two hours with a goofy smirk on my face because next to a golden sunrise nothing chills my soul, in a good way, like a masterful piece of art. Whether it's a film, music, painting, photograph, piece of architecture or sculpture, I lose my mind in a complete wonderment of the article. When I am blessed with the opportunity to experience a truly perfect work of art, I feel as though I'm seeing an inspiration unworthy of crediting the human mind. This may be because I can't fathom the idea that any human mind is capable of such a creation. I have to offer it up to divinity.

The story is about Mozart, his genius, and the bitter acknowledgment of that genius by his colleagues. It's the story of humanity. There is a moment in the movie where a composer witnesses Mozart's genius first hand and becomes enraged with jealousy. He too, offers the talent up to a divine inspiration for he isn't capable of recognizing such skill as being from the mind of man.

Sometimes I'll spend hours recording a tangent in my journal. I'll wake up the next morning and read what I had written and it will seem foreign to me. As if the thoughts didn't belong to me, I was borrowing them. I've spoken to other writers who say they experience the same thing. It's almost as if I'm a secretary taking notes for someone else. Some people would say it was my subconscious at play, some people would say it was something much larger. I recognize that my journal entries are far from a divine piece of art, but it's the only relatable thing I have in my life to a true genius' piece of work. I couldn't imagine the joy associated with looking back at a work of art and seeing perfection. And further, having others see perfection in it as well. There are people on this earth with talents that I could only dream of. Understanding this, I have accepted quite contently that simply recognizing and experiencing such talent is a blessing all on its own.

1 comment:

Polly Etienne said...

Hey my friend:) You have been writing a lot in your blog!!!! I go slowly with mine...I've read all the latest post and I'm very curious to know about the big change coming to in to your life, I cross my fingers for all be good for you:) is that about the third world country thing that you want to experience??
I never watched Amadeus...but I'll...xoxooxoxoxoxxoxoooxoxooxoxo