Friday, August 24, 2007

RAPING MOTHER TERESA

I was reading today about a new book coming out next month about the life of Mother Teresa. In it are letters she sent to her spiritual adviser describing her struggles in faith. They are rather dark letters where she states that she questions the existence of god. She talks about how her smile is a facade. I don't know about you but when someone like Mother Teresa struggles with faith it makes me feel a little bit better.

I really want to read the book but there is a conflict here - she wanted the letters destroyed...and here they are being printed in a book. I never read Kurt Cobain's journal for the same reason, he likened someone reading his journal to rape. So I'm not sure how I feel about being one of the people that treads on their wishes.

I haven't written much about my struggles with faith on this blog but it's at the core of my constant questioning on pretty much every issue of life.

1 comment:

Polly Etienne said...

Hi my dear friend, sorry I have been way for while...I didn't have a good week, but now I'm back. I have a new post for you on my blog:)

I've read all your latest post and I still love yout thoughts!! I have to say that I laughed very hard with the title of this one "raping mother teresa" and I want to read this book too!!!!!!!

I'll call you soon, maybe next weekend. xoxoxoxooxoooxoxooxox
beijos