Saturday, August 25, 2007

TO CHOOSE A FAMILY AND HIGH-PAYING FUN JOB, TURN TO PAGE 112

I've spoken with several of my friends recently and heard a similar line from each, "I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up." Of course this is tongue in cheek as we are all "grown ups" but it seems to be a common feeling for most. What do we want to do with our lives?

The good news is that we live in an age where the options are nearly endless. We don't get stuck in a trade as our grandfathers did years ago - we have the opportunity to try new things. As with most things in life, this opportunity brings good and bad luggage. It's fantastic that we have these choices but it brings a lot of stress with it. When the choices are many we can create anxiety around the simple act of even making a choice. Let alone the worry that when we do make a choice it creates a roadblock on all the other paths we could have chosen. It's like a choose your own adventure book. Once you pick a route, you wonder what would have happened had you made a different choice earlier.

I feel like I'm at this stage right now. I have the opportunity to choose virtually any future direction I want. But I'm having trouble deciding which path I want to choose.

2 comments:

Polly Etienne said...

Run Lola, run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pagoda said...

Love that movie.